As a patient, both you and your healthcare provider need access to your health data to make informed decisions about your care.
Most providers who care for you can securely access your chart…
First, ask your provider if they have access to your records. Most healthcare providers are already able to securely access the health information that they need when they care for you. Interoperability networks like Carequality and Epic’s Care Everywhere make this record exchange possible, even when the providers use different electronic health records (EHRs).
… or you can choose to share it with them.
However, some EHRs don’t have a connected community of providers. It’s common for therapists, chiropractors, and personal trainers not to use an EHR at all. When they can’t access your health information, you can share it with them.
You have the power to share your information with whomever you choose, wherever you are, using Share Everywhere. All they need is internet access.
Here’s what you – and anyone you choose to share your record with – will see:
- A summary of your current health issues
- A list of the medications you’re taking
- Your medical history, such as past surgeries and family members’ conditions
- A list of your test results and details about the results of each test.
- A list of your recent appointments, and details about each visit
The provider can even leave a note in your chart that is visible to other members of your care team.
Here’s how you find and use Share Everywhere in MyChart:
1. Go to the Share My Record activity in MyChart on the web or your MyChart mobile app.
Go to Health > Share My Record and select Give one-time access with Share Everywhere. Enter the name of the person who will be viewing your record and request the share code
MyChart mobile app
Tap the Share My Record activity on the home screen after you’ve logged in. Enter the name of the person who will be viewing your record and request the share code.
2. Tell that person to go to www.shareeverywhere.com to enter the code along with your date of birth.
For more information, visit the list of Share Everywhere FAQs.