Mobile Applications and Portals
Integrated PHR MyChart gives patients controlled access to the same Epic medical records their doctors use, via browser or mobile app (for iOS and Android). Its self-serve online functions can activate patients to improve their own health, reduce the cost of customer service and provide a vital communication link to support accountable care. (Note that not all MyChart functions are available on mobile.) Patients can:
Inpatient Engagement Bedside is a patient-driven, interactive tablet app, designed to strengthen the patient’s relationship with the care team – making the hospital stay more enjoyable and productive.
Patient-facing options include:
- Happening Soon – a real-time schedule of planned procedures and inpatient events.
- Taking Care of Me – a visual summary (with profiles) of the care team.
- I Would Like... – an overdue improvement on the nurse call button for requests.
- Note to Self – a recorder and notepad for patients to prepare for discharge.
- My Health – a patient-friendly summary of lab results and vitals.
- To Learn – a hub for patient education, promoting quick recovery and reduced readmission.
- Messages – an easy place to communicate with the care team on the patient’s terms.
- MyChart Activation – so patients can remain engaged when they return home.
Freestanding PHR Lucy is a PHR that is not connected to any facility's electronic medical record system. It stays with patients wherever they receive care and allows them to organize their medical information in one place that is readily accessible. Patients can enter health data directly into Lucy, pull in MyChart data or upload standards-compliant Continuity of Care Documents from other facilities.
Epic's Care Everywhere software can also retrieve documents from Lucy, making this information available to clinicians as part of the electronic chart. It's patient-guided interoperability.
Lucy is free of the two primary obstacles to patient PHR adoption:
- There are no advertisements on Lucy.
- Epic will not sell patient data for secondary uses.
PlanLink gives provider and payor organizations a competitive advantage by making distinctive services available to employers and community providers via the Web. Providers can submit referrals, receive approval notifications and review statuses of AP claims they are involved with. Payors can allow providers to print remittance advice reports, saving phone calls and mailing expenses. PlanLink's payor functionality also allows employers to access their online premium invoices for payment and reconciliation, as well as manage the online enrollment process for their employees.