Connecting to the hospital:
EpicCare Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
EpicCare combines chart review, order management, and documentation in a fast system that can learn your preferences while you work. It organizes patient information, suggests actions, and guides coordinated care across physical care settings. EpicCare's embedded analytics and population management infrastructure support the transition to value-based care models.
Design highlights include:
- Physician personalization can be done on the fly - with minimal training.
- "Smart Software" features learn your preferences and suggest corrections.
- Intuitive filtering tools simplify longitudinal chart review.
- Navigators bundle related functions into common workflows.
- NoteWriter quickly captures discrete observations
- Patient-entered data flows directly from MyChart to the EpicCare chart.
- Speech recognition captures narrative notes.
- Fast system response times for many concurrent users.
- Decision support - clinical and financial - links to suggested action.
- In Basket automates results review and communication.
- Telemedicine options create cost-savings and patient engagement opportunities for accountable care.
- Dashboards aggregate quality/outcome metrics alongside productivity and financial metrics.
EpicCare is highly rated by clinical and technical staff alike, leading to deeper adoption and enabling realization of benefits. As of April 2013, 100% of HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 ambulatory practices use EpicCare.
"What HIT do ACO Forerunners use? Forerunners have led the movement to integrated enterprise EMRs, and more than three-fourths are using or moving to Epic."
-KLAS ACO 2012: The train has left the station, November 2012